Fun Things To Do This Weekend
Here are some fun things to do in Bergen County this weekend. If you know of any others, send them along to me and I’ll add them to this article.
- Demarest always has a wonderful Oktoberfest event at the Duck Pond in October. It’s this Saturday, October 13th from 10 to 5. You really don’t want to miss it. There’s a wonderful craft fair, German music and food plus some special Korean items.
- Have children? If so how about a hayride, pumpkin patch and farm animals? We have Abma’s Farm in Wyckoff, Demarest Farms in Hillsdale, Lupardi’s Nursery in Closter, Rohsler’s Nursery in Allendale and Secor Farms in Mahwah. I’d call them now because some require hay ride reservations.
- The Tenafly Nature Center is having it’s popular Apple Cider making event starting this Saturday. Again, call them or go online to book a time for this.
- Franklin Lakes has a huge Oktoberfest Celebration this coming Friday night, October 12th at McBride Field with everything from live music to rides for the kids to German food. The fun starts at 7 pm and you have to purchase tickets with proceeds going to the Oasis shelter.
- The Woman’s Club of Englewood is having their Fall Harvest Fundraiser on Sunday, October 14th, at the Carriage House (187 Brinkerhoff Ct, Englewood, NJ) with all sorts of DJ music, food, face painting, 25+ vendors and more. This is a really great fun event held from 11 to 5.
Because it’s so much fun to go apple picking, it’s become an annual fall tradition. While apple orchards are not in Bergen County they are reasonably nearby. Here are 3 terrific orchards to consider. These are family owned orchards that span several generations. It isn’t unusual to see parents taking their children to orchards they themselves went to when young.
So there you have it. No need to be bored this weekend with so much going on. You have a lot of fun things to do in Bergen County and nearby!