- You can’t close without a New Jersey licensed attorney
- Make sure a large part of his/her practice is residential sales
- Attorney fees are no indication of the service you get –
- Low cost attorneys often outsource their work overseas or to a title company
- Rapport over the phone is essential
- Often you don’t meet your attorney face to face until the closing
- In selecting a listing agent, only consider a full time professional.
- Marketing is crucial – what will your agent do to get you the best value?
- Rapport is essential – the agent must understand your needs; you become a team.
- Reject the highest price and lowest commission
- That’s not how you market a home successfully. You want an agent with integrity.
- Too many sellers make the same mistake – they price their home above market.
- Over priced homes don’t sell. They get reduced, again, and again and again.
- When you finally reach a price that sells, your home sells for less than it should.
- So who wins? Not you. Don’t over price.
- Hire a home inspector to check out your house before it’s listed in the MLS
- Any issues uncovered can be fixed now
- Home inspectors tend to give buyers more costly and upsetting advice
Preparing the House
- Enhance your curb appeal
- Stage your home
- Clean up the yard, exterior
Get professional advice – start with your agent before you hire a stager or embark on costly projects.
- This can add a lot of value and assurance to a buyer
- It can mitigate buyer deductions due to inspection findings on appliances, age of furnace etc.
If you are selling your home and need a professional real estate agent to assist you, contact Barbara today!