Holiday Menorah Lighting
Hanukkah is 1 of the 2 major December holidays celebrated in Bergen County. Christmas is the other followed by Kwanza and New Year’s Eve. As a result many towns have both giant menorahs and Christmas trees in their town square or other public place. Holiday menorah lighting usually includes a celebration too so it’s a lot of fun for all of us.
Here are menorah lightings in Bergen County –
- Allendale is Dec 4th at 6 pm at the Borough Hall
- Closter is Dec 9th at 7 pm at the Borough Hall
- Cresskill is Dec 4th at the Cresskill Library
- Demarest is Dec 2nd at 7 pm at the Duck Pond Gazebo
- Englewood is Dec 2nd at 6 pm in front of City Hall
- Fair Lawn is Dec 2nd at 7 pm at the City Hall
- Franklin Lakes is Dec 4th at the Borough Hall
- Glen Rock is Dec 6th at 6 pm at Kilroy’s Wonder Market
- Hackensack is Dec 2nd at 5:30 pm at Bergen County Courthouse
- Mahwah is Dec 3rd at 6 pm at the Mahwah Senior Center
- Oradell is Dec 2nd at 6 pm on the Borough Hall front lawn
- Paramus Dec 6th at 6 pm inside the Borough Hall
- Ridgewood is Dec 2nd at 5:30 pm at Memorial Park
- River Vale is Dec 5th at 6-9 pm at at the Community Center
- Tenafly is Dec 3rd at 7 pm in Huyler Park
- Tenafly Holiday Parade Dec 7th featuring Hanukkah among other holiday traditions
- Wyckoff is Dec 2nd at 4:30 pm at the Wyckoff Town Hall
There may be towns I’ve missed in addition to these. While I’ve spent a good deal of time looking up Menorah lightings, there may be some I’ve not found. Please contact me with any I’ve missed.
Also I found a great website that has everything you want to know about Hanukkah. Because I’m not Jewish, this fun and informative website is a big help. As a result, I better understand and appreciate Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights. To quote Martha Stewart, that’s a good thing.